Afternoon, I just made this wonderful salad and I had to share the recipe! I used to put the spicy mixture in raw tacos, but I fancied it on a salad today! It’s a lot less messy than raw tacos, and you can put way more on the plate!
- 1 large tomato
- Handful of spinach
- A head of romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado
- Sprinkle of black pepper
For the spicy mixture
- 6 sundried tomatoes
- Around 3/4 cup of almonds/walnuts
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper/hot chilli powder
- Sprinkle of salt
- Sprinkle of pepper
- Wash the oil off of the sundried tomatoes, if you’re using canned sundried tomatoes, if you’re using ones that aren’t in oil, soak them for 5 minutes in water before beginning.
- Place the sundried tomatoes in a food processor, with the rest of the ingredients for the mixture.
- Pulse until a crumbly but thick mixture has formed.
- Arrange the spinach, lettuce, avocado and tomato on the plate, and place the spicy mixture on top.
- Sprinkle with pepper
Hope you enjoy this salad as much as I do!