Holy. Crap. I just made these on a whim and they’re INCREDIBLE! I mean…LOOK AT THEM!
I recently went fully raw, and I’ve seen so many raw brownie recipes, but I wanted to make my own unique one!
They’re super rich, gooey and nutty, with a hint of coconut flavour!
Here’s the recipe!
Raw brownies ♡
– 2.5 cups dates
– 2 cups nuts of your choice (I used almonds and walnuts)
– Around 1/8 cup of sweetener (maple syrup, carob, agave etc)
– 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
– 1/3 cup cocoa powder
– 1/4 cup maca powder (can use milled flaxseeds/chia seeds etc, any kind of superfood powder! I use maca because of the health benefits and the nutty taste.)
– 2 tsp goji berries
– 1/4cup water
– put all ingredients except the water into a food processor
– Blend the ingredients and gradually add the water, make sure the mixture isn’t overly wet, you want it like a crunchy dough texture, but still mouldable
– Put the mixture onto a non stick baking sheet, and mould the mixture into a thick square, then push the mixture down until it’s around 1.5-2cm thick
– Cover the top with another baking sheet and put the mixture in the fridge for at least 30 mins
– Cut the brownie into whatever size pieces you like!
- Healthy fats from the nuts, good for brain function and your heart
- Fibre from the dates and goji berries, essential for digestive health
- Calcium, iron, zinc and a shit ton of other vitamins from the maca powder, zinc is great for skin, calcium for bones/nails/hair etc, iron good for blood and brain function
- The chocolatey taste is good for your taste buds 😉
♡ ♡ ♡